10 Money Saving Tips for New Freshmen Living on Campus
Share on Facebook
- Don’t eat out. Eat in the dorms. If you must eat out, limit it to once a week, use the student coupon book, and check out Hungry Buffs for deals.
- Leave your car at home. Use your RTD bus pass to get around Boulder and surrounding areas (including to the airport and back).
- Buy cheaper dry goods. Forego expensive shampoo, conditioner, lotions, etc.
- Operate from cash. People spend more per purchase when they use a debit or credit card. Create a simple spending plan and give yourself a weekly CASH allowance. When the cash is gone, it’s gone!
- Work 5-10 hours per week.
- Buy used textbooks and sell them back to the bookstore when the semester is over.
- Use your student coupon book.
- Sign up for Groupon in Boulder County to get good deals on haircuts and other services.
- Don’t spend a lot on entertainment. There are a multitude of free activities on campus and in Boulder.
- Change your mindset. If you resolve to take pleasure in saving money, you will spend less.