The two-payment plan is available during fall and spring semesters only and is not available during the summer term.
To take advantage of the two-payment plan, you must sign up in MyCUInfo after you receive e-mail notification of the first bill of the semester. Remember, bills are only online. The deadline to request the two-payment plan for fall and spring semesters is the first tuition due date of the semester.
Here’s how it works:
- You sign up for the two-payment plan in MyCUInfo. (See our How To’s to find out how to do this.)
- You pay the first installment which includes one half of tuition and mandatory fees plus health insurance (if not waived) and optional fees by the first tuition due date.
- You pay the second installment plus a 1 percent finance charge on the unpaid balance and any additional charges one month later by the next due date.
- The amounts you need to pay may change due to recalculations resulting from changes to your bill like additional COF, tuition waivers, or financial aid (for example).
- If you select the two-payment plan and do not pay the first installment by the deadline, you will be charged a late payment charge as well as a 1 percent finance charge on the total balance. See payment policies.
Please note: Students must sign up for this plan themselves in MyCUInfo. Authorized payers cannot sign up for their students. You are not eligible for the two-payment plan if you register late, if you owe a past due debt, if your current bill is less than $500, or if you are participating in Study Abroad.