College Opportunity Fund
In-State Undergraduates: You can receive $75 per credit hour from the state of Colorado for 2015-16
The College Opportunity Fund (COF) is the state of Colorado’s method of providing state tax dollar support for higher education for in-state undergraduates. This means you pay less tuition but you must take action in order to receive reduced tuition. There are two steps to getting your COF stipend:
- You need to apply with College Assist (your one-time application will take up to 48 hours to be processed) and
- Authorize once during your educational career at CU. You can authorize when you register for classes or in the Financial section of MyCUInfo. Otherwise you will be responsible for paying more tuition including the portion that would have been covered by the College Opportunity Fund.
- The COF rate for the academic year starting fall 2015 – summer 2016 is $75 per credit hour.
- How To’s for step-by-step instructions.
- For more details, please read the Office of the Registrar’s directions and deadlines about COF.
- COF FAQs
- Waiver Request for Institutional Exception to the 145 College Opportunity Fund Lifetime Hours
- Questions? Contact the Registrar’s Office at 303-492-6970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COF rates are set annually around June for the following academic year by the Colorado General Assembly.