Parents, Guardians & Families
If you are a person other than the student, like a parent, guardian, grandparent, spouse, or anyone helping pay tuition and fees or paying on a student’s behalf (other than sponsors), you will not automatically get a bill because of federal privacy laws. However, your student can give you access to view and pay the bill online in CUBill&Pay. No bills are mailed. This process is called “authorizing a payer” and is separate from CU Guest Access and the FERPA Consent to Release.
Authorized payer access allows you to:
- access CUBill&Pay where you can view student account activity and the tuition and fee bill online
- pay tuition and fees online
- sign up for payment plans
- receive monthly emails when bills are available online (your student also receives emails at their colorado.edu email address)
- discuss the bill (not including financial aid details) with Bursar’s Office staff
- sign up for optional text notifications when bills are available online
- CUBill&Pay is not the same as MyCUInfo. MyCUInfo is the student portal for registration, schedule, classes, billing information and financial aid. As an authorized pay, you log into CUBill&Pay directly.
- Enter the login name exactly as your student created it for you. It is case sensitive and it is NOT your student’s IdentiKey.
- The first time you log in, you will need to change your temporary password. Your login name and password are case sensitive.
- For more information, see Authorized Payers – How to View Student Account and Pay Online for Parents/Authorized Payers.
For further assistance with CUBill&Pay, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 303-492-5381 or firstname.lastname@example.org.