Past Due Debt

All prior semester past due student accounts are referred to Student Debt Management (SDM) for collection where students have a limited opportunity to establish a payment arrangement. After six months, past due accounts are placed with a third party collection agency per Colorado law.

If your Colorado state income tax return has been offset (seized to pay a CU debt) or you have received a notice of judgment, your account has been placed with the State of Colorado Central Collection Service, please contact them directly at 303-866-6560 or 800-221-2297.

To dispute a tuition debt, you first need to formally withdraw from your classes. Contact the dean’s office of your school to ask how to retroactively withdraw from a prior semester.

Once you have officially withdrawn from the university, you need to make a formal appeal to the Bursar’s Office via the Tuition Dispute Form. Disputes are only considered under extenuating circumstances such as natural disaster (fire, flood, etc.), death in the family, medical, or unexpected financial crisis. Official documentation must be provided to substantiate the circumstances. For more information and to download the form, go to tuition dispute.

For late payment penalties, please read our payment policies.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 303-492-5571, 800-925-9844 or

Pay my bill